Friday, December 7, 2012

December 1, 2012. 6:20am : I am in China.

I just had to ask what time it is because my phone says it's 230 pm on Friday. It's saturday here Friday did not exist for me. I wonder if people go mad with this sense of disorientation, mixed with an entire day rocking and heaving in a bucket seat plowing through the Pacific Ocean in the sky.











Everyone is moaning at the lack of WiFi in this airport, or inaccessibility thereof. I wonder what Western Horrors await us 5 hours from now. I calm myself as my phone charges. My last symbolic bastion of my former life.









It is somehow muggier and foggier here then LA. I wouldn't have even known we were about to hit the aground if my lovely travel companion had not eagerly been counting down for me, her face plastered to the window in dazed fascination. It's hard to tell if I'm excited yet. I just want a bagel.





No comments:

Post a Comment