Sunday, December 23, 2012

Traveling from Krabi to Tha Ma Fai Wan

After traveling for more than 24 hours, 3 truck rides, two cabs, three buses and one scamming cabby later, we've made it to Baan Sairoon (Rainbow Community). We were offered an opportunity to stay on an organic farm and learn how to make mud houses, thai cooking, and working with children. It meant we had to cut our time in the south short, but it seemed worth it.

Isara, our host, is a smiling, generous man, a former monk turned commune leader.

Our bed is in a mud and brick hut with holes in the thatched roof, and dirt and bug carcasses litter the floor. But you know what? That doesn't bother me because I have food, shelter and I'm sharing this all with someone I love. Lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, love your attitude "you have food, shelter and sharing with your love"! what else do you need.
    Thanks for sharing your lifetime experience so that I can look from time to time.

    ReplyDelete