Friday, January 11, 2013

Mae Hong Son Motorbike Loop

Mork-Fa Waterfalls

Inside a bat cave

View of a jungle highway.

The final leg of our journey.

Found some gooseberries at the market and so I stuffed my motorbike full of them.


After spending a week on Mindful Farm I decided to hit the road. Quite literally. My friend Arthur and I rented motorbikes and did the well-known (dare I say infamous?) Mae Hong Son loop. The roads are incredibly beautiful, with many interesting hikes, waterfalls and hot springs to see along the way. However I think that its fair to say that the roads are as dangerous as they are beautiful. The hairpin turns are surrounded by lush jungle, and occasionally poor infrastructure means that you often drive no more than 25 km an hour for three hours at a time. But all in all it was a great trip, and the roads were well-maintained for the most part.



1 comment:

  1. omg don't tel me about the dangerous roads, having heart palpitations lol everything looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete